Wednesday 22 July 2015

Free The Children Letter

Over the course of the year our pupils have run a number of campaigns to highlight the plight of children across the world in different contexts.

  • We Are Silent
  • We Scare Hunger
  • London Knowledge Quiz
  • Buy A Goat Campaign
Reflectiveness
"I didn't realise how many children around the world struggle for basics that we take for granted: education, fresh water, slavery and food. It made me think that I should do more to help"
Sophie - Year 6

"During our We Are Silent campaign I was able to reflect on who my role models are that inspire me. I'd like to think that by taking part we inspired our classmates to help others too."
Jamari

Reciprocity
"With the hunger campaign, we had to work as a team to count in all the food, transport it to the Food Bank and then design a presentation to tell the classes about where the food had gone and the impact it would have. I didn't realise how many people on Harold Hill use the food bank. If we don't support it and help them, many families would go hungry."
Emma - Year 6



No comments:

Post a Comment