Monday 27 April 2015

Marathon Result

Thank you to you all for the support that you have shown for my marathon effort this year. I know that a number of you came to watch the event and many more saw it on TV. As always the crowds were an inspiration, helping all of the runners to complete the distance.

So far the charity pot stands at just over £1,000. With the contributions from the pupils this week during their marathon event I have every confidence that we will reach the total of £1,400 for the Canon Collins Trust.

It has also been a great opportunity to talk to the pupils about how it is necessary to set challenging goals, practice with purpose on a regular basis and to reflect on performance. Without that approach I would not have been able to improve my time to 3h 17min and avoid the pain and discomfort that I had 5 years ago.















No comments:

Post a Comment