Monday 23 March 2015

Olympic Cycling Trip - Group 1

Today our pupils enjoyed the opportunity to put their Bikeability skills into practice on the Olympic quality BMX track and Mountain Bike trail at the Lee Valley Cycle Park.

After a coaching session on both of the courses, the children were quickly off around the trails. Using their 'level pedals' and 'inside up' technique, they quickly conquered the course and their fears.

I didn't think that I would be able to go down the BMX ramp to begin with. However Alli - our coach - showed us how to control the bike. In the end I gave it a go... and didn't fall off!
Terrika Wright

On the MTB trail, the course was rocky, slippery and narrow. Several times I came off my bike, but I persevered and managed to complete it. My legs were sore at the end though.
Holly Clark














No comments:

Post a Comment