Monday 9 February 2015

We Are Silent - Friday 6th February, 2015

#WeAreSilent


The greater the silence, the louder our message will be. We have been silent every lunchtime this week, which has given us plenty of time to reflect and stand up for what we believe is right. At the beginning of the week, we thought it would be impossible to go five hours without talking but "It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

Throughout the silence on Friday, the pupils reflected on what they had learnt from their vow of silence. 

I feel proud that I made it through 5 hours of silence. This has been the best week ever because I have had time to think about all of the important people in my life. Mrs Nicholls has helped me realise that the longer you are silent, the more you can get your voice heard. It has been an honour to do this for a week. 
Sophie Hann

It makes me feel proud of myself to achieve something like this. 
Jamari Cousins

I feel proud that together we have managed to stay quiet for every lunchtime this week. I have learnt that silence is a way of communicating. 
Chloe Wager 

I am a chatter box so it was really difficult for me to do this. I feel really good for making a change. We did it! 
Elisa Rina

I came to think about people who have really struggled because of war and the holocaust. I am proud to be part of this project. 
Andreea Birlea 

I have learnt how lucky I am to have lots of things and a lovely life, but I know that other people are not so lucky. I think that being silent every lunchtime has been a great thing and I am proud of what we have achieved together. 
Sharna Dodge

I have managed to be quiet every lunchtime which has been very challenging. I know how lucky I am and I appreciate my life. I think it is good to help people less fortunate. 
Tolu Erinle 

At first I didn't think I could do it but I managed to not talk for a whole hour and I have learnt to appreciate what I have and how lucky I am. I hope that the contributions I have made have been helpful towards the cause. I think we have done the right thing this week, to stand up for others. 
Kulsoom Hasnain

I feel I know how lucky I am and I think it is excellent that we can stand up for people who are less fortunate than us. I think that if the whole of Broadford School could be silent together, we may be able to create a better world. 
Terrika Wright





No comments:

Post a Comment