Tuesday 28 October 2014

Spinebreakers Interview Leigh Hobbs

While we had Leigh Hobbs in for the day, our Spinebreakers from KS1 interviewed him. They wanted to know all about how he began his career as a writer...

How did you start your career?
To begin with I was an illustrator for other authors. However I got tired of being bossed around and told what to draw. I had some ideas for my own characters and decided I would like to start writing my own stories.

Who is you favourite character?
My personal favourite is Old Tom. He looks like a cat, but I like to think of him as a 7 year old boy. His owner thinks of him as her son. Whatever mischief he gets into, she still loves him and wants to give him a cuddle afterwards!

What tips would you give the children at Broadford?
Don't try to copy other people's drawings and worry that yours isn't good enough. You need to develop your own characters. Take the time to practice and try lots of different story ideas. The more ideas you try, the more likely it is you will find one you really like.



No comments:

Post a Comment