Monday 7 July 2014

Climbing Walls Installed

Whenever the pupils go to Stubbers they always come back enthused about the climbing wall. As a result we have used some of the money raised by the pupils in the sponsored walk to pay for the new climbing installations. There is a challenge course suitable for KS1 and another more challenging one for KS2. Without a doubt they are proving to be very popular.

It is great to see the reciprocity being put to practical use. Pupils watch each other, learn tips and tricks, imitate grips and movement and support each other. There is also a high level of resilience... you can't give up after that first go.

"I tried it several times and then I realised that my feet were causing me a problem. After that I changed the way I jumped to the grip and I could complete the course!" Isaac Stevens

What a great example of reflectiveness in action.




No comments:

Post a Comment