Friday 12 October 2012

Apology - Year 3&4 Trip Delay

I would like to apologise unreservedly to all the parents and children who have had to wait for trips to leave this week. On letters sent out by us there were clear statements for departure times – which we did not meet. Your job is to support and defend the interests of your child/children as such I completely accept the point that many of you made to me this morning. However I too have a duty to ensure that all the children in my care get to experience equality of access and provision in their education. I will passionately defend the right and need for all of the children in my care to experience what it is like to go to a zoo, to walk around a historic monument, to challenge themselves on a climbing wall. I will not tell a group of children they are effectively excluded from school trips and I would suspect that those of you who turned up on time would be uncomfortable at thinking your child’s school excluded groups of children from these days out.

In future we can certainly improve on communication. You should have been informed of the delay while standing outside. In future we can make provision for you to come and wait inside the building if the trip departure is going to be significantly delayed. Curriculum enrichment is incredibly important and we will continue to run these trips. The vast majority of parents will be on time, some will be late. We will continue to do all we can to ensure that everyone goes as the pupils – not the parents – are our first concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment